Mrs. Michael electricians are trained in the latest state-of-the-art techniques and perform all work within the standards set by the National Electric Code (NEC) and fully comply with all local, state and national electrical codes. The NEC is the benchmark for safe electrical design, installation and inspection to protect people and property from electrical hazards.
Call Mrs. Michael Electricians today to schedule an inspection of your home’s electrical system. We will identify any code violations, correct any issues at the time of the inspection, and bring your home up to code.
Common Code Violations
- Bathrooms MUST have GFCI outlets.
- Because some outlets power high-wattage devices like hair dryers, there must be at least one separate 20 amp. branch circuit.
- There should be outlets every 12 feet.
- Outlets should be on any wall space that is more than 24 inches wide.
- Hallways more than 10 feet in length must have at least one outlet.
- All countertops outlets must be GFCI.
- There should be outlets above all countertops that are 12 inches or wider.
- No face-up outlets.
- At least one outlet should be located on islands or peninsulas.